Media Liaison Officer
Media management is an important role in any response to flood, storm and other emergencies that the NSW SES is involved with.
Volunteer Media Officers are specifically trained to work with their local media outlets and can have the opportunity to travel to other regions to assist during severe weather. They also develop content for social media and ensure communities are informed and NSW SES teams are publicly recognised for their hard work.
What's involved in this role?
Some of the roles involved with media include:
- Liaising with local media outlets to develop networks
- Writing media releases
- Capturing photographs and videos in the field
- Providing comment and interviews for local media
- Managing social media profiles
- Promoting local NSW SES events and activities
- Briefing the unit controller on activities so that they can talk to the media
- Writing articles and editorial for local papers, newsletters and bulletins
- Promoting the unit locally
What you'll love
- Promote the best of the NSW SES to the public
- Develop self confidence and public speaking
- Travel across NSW to assist during major operations