Interested in applying for a position with NSW SES?
This outline will assist you to understand the recruitment process for NSW SES. If you have any further questions you can call the Recruitment Officer on 4251 6526.
Looking for a rewarding career? The NSW State Emergency Service advertise positions on iWorkforNSW
Applying for a position with NSW State Emergency Service:
- All applications will need to be submitted online via iWorkforNSW
- When applying for a position it is important to clearly demonstrate how your skills, knowledge, personal qualities and experience meet the requirements of the position. This means addressing the Selection Criteria.
- The information obtained from your online application, the interview and other assessment, including skills tests; enable the selection panel to assess the merit of the applicants.
What type of work is available in the NSW SES?
The NSW SES employs a range of people with a variety of skills and varying backgrounds. Essentially, the work carried out at Regional and Unit levels includes:
- Membership (Unit management, Learning and Development, OHS&R etc)
- Operations (response, hazard management, mitigation, planning and community engagement)
- Infrastructure (brigade stations, fleet, communications, IT etc), and
Our corporate areas include positions in the areas of:
- corporate planning
- media and communications
- community engagement
- research and planning
- information technology
- volunteer support
- human resources
- learning and development
- executive services
just to name a few.
You may also consider joining your local SES Unit as a volunteer member.