Get Your Kit Together - put together an Emergency Kit today!
An Emergency Kit can help save precious time in an emergency situation. It provides items you might need if you lose power or need to leave your home in a hurry.
Your emergency kit contents:
- Portable radio with spare batteries
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit (with supplies necessary for your household)
- Candles and waterproof matches
- Important papers including emergency contact numbers
- Copy of any Home Emergency Plans
- Waterproof bag for valuables
When leaving or evacuating your property, place in your emergency kit:
- A good supply of required medications
- Any special requirements and supplies for babies, the disabled, infirm and/or elderly
- Appropriate clothing and footwear
- Fresh food and drinking water
Keep your emergency kit in a waterproof storage container.
On a regular basis, check your emergency kit (remember to check use-by dates on batteries and gloves) and restock items if you need to.
Also, keep a list of emergency numbers near your phone or on your fridge.
NSW SES have developed a Home Emergency Kit information fridge magnet. You can get one of these fridge magnets from your local NSW SES unit or you can download the information here: Put together a Home Emergency Kit