Look Out For Each Other
Floods may bring people together and lead to a great sense of community spirit.
However floods can also be traumatic experiences for people.
- cause damage to property
- damage livelihoods
- lead to loss of friends or family
- impact upon local business
- loss of pets or animals
What you can do to help?
It is important to look out for one another.
- Check on your neighbours, friends and family following a flood and see if there is anything you can do to assist.
- Volunteer to help out in your local community after a flood. Check with your local recovery committee to see what needs to be done.
- Donations can assist disaster affected communities. Its a good idea to make sure its a legitimate charity before you donate money and if you intend to donate goods ensure they are needed by the affected community.
If you have been affected by floods and require assistance, contact Disaster Welfare Services on 1800 018 444.