Plan Now For What You Will Do
Creating a plan following a flood will help your household, property or business have a shared understanding of what you all need to do next time it floods. Especially while everything is fresh in your mind.
An effective plan should:
- outline key heights that your property and local roads are affected by floodwater,
- identify the key triggers for action,
- the different steps you should take to protect your household and your property,
- key contacts and
- identify routes to reach your safe place.
- work with others in your property on a shared plan and practise it with them regularly.
To help households and businesses plan for flooding, the NSW SES has developed the Home Emergency Plan and the Business FloodSafe Toolkit.
These are available free of charge from your local NSW SES unit or here