Current Flood Recovery Information for NSW06/04/2017 12:04 PM
Current recovery centre locations
Lismore Recovery Centre
Public Works Facility
120 Dalley Street, East Lismore
Entrance via Military Road
Recovery Centre Shuttle Service
A shuttle services is available between Lismore CBD / South Lismore Trainlink Office and the Lismore Recovery Centre.
The shuttle runs every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour, between 9:00am and 6:00pm daily.
- Pickup location 1: Trainlink Office (Old Railway Office), South Lismore.
- Pickup location 2: Spinks Park, Molesworth St, Lismore (Lismore Transit Centre). The pickup from this location will be approx. 2 minutes after leaving Trainlink.
- Drop off location: Lismore Recovery Centre, 120 Dalley St East Lismore (Entrance off Military Road).
- Start: Additional pickup will officially start at 10:00am on Friday 7 April, 2017.
Murwillumbah Recovery Centre
Murwillumbah Community Centre
Nullum Street, Murwillumbah
Phone: 02 6670 2133
Operating hours: 9am - 6pm daily
Easter public holiday recovery centre operating hours
10:00am - 4:00pm
10:00am - 4:00pm
10:00am - 4:00pm
From Tuesday 18 April recovery centre operation hours will return to 9:00am to 6:00pm daily.
The Office of Emergency Management can provide disaster relief grants to eligible individuals and families whose homes and essential household contents have been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster. People with limited financial resources and no insurance may be eligible for a financial contribution towards replacing essential household contents and structural repairs to the home.
To be eligible for assistance you must:
- be a low-income earner and meet an income and assets test
- demonstrate that the affected home is your principal place of residence
- not be covered by insurance
- be able to demonstrate that the damage was caused by the disaster
- lodge the application within four months of the disaster occurring
- Financial assistance is a contribution towards the cost of essential household items and restoring the home to a safe and habitable condition
For information about this assistance call toll free 1800 018 444.
Financial assistance under this grant does not replace insurance or act as compensation for losses. Assistance cannot be provided to cover insurance excess.
Please note: this is different from the one-off Commonwealth Disaster Recovery Payment, a non-means tested payment of $1000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children administered by Commonwealth Government. Click here for more information
All Clears have been issued for:
- Lismore CBD, North and South
- Tweed Heads
- Murwillumbah CBD and East Murwillumbah
- Cabbage Tree Island
- Chinderah, Fingal Head and Bilambil
- South Murwillumbah and Condong
- New Brighton
- Ocean Shores
- Tweed Heads West and South
The NSW SES requests that you never drive, ride or walk through floodwater – turn around and find a safer route. For up to date road closures and information, refer to www.livetraffic.com
Hints for staying healthy during floods and while cleaning up:
- Wear gloves and suitable foot wear when removing mud or debris from homes or yards
- Yards can be raked to remove debris and if necessary, hosed down.
- Don’t try to check electrical appliances and other equipment yourself, seek professional help
- Discard any tinned food that has no labels, as well as perishable food that has been out of refrigeration for more than 4 hours. If freezer door is kept shut, frozen food will not spoil for at least 24 hours.
- Have septic tanks or pipes professionally inspected or serviced if you suspect damage.
- Avoid being bitten by mosquitoes, use roll-on insect repellent on exposed skin and apply every few hours.
- Avoid creating mosquito breeding sites in your yard by emptying out pot plant bases and removing all water-holding rubbish
- When cleaning up, consider your personal health, drink plenty of clear fluids, do not wait until you are thirsty. Take breaks when you can, watch out for heat stress. - Information from North Coast Public Health
This data was last updated at 2:25pm 11/04/2017