NSW RFS urges tourists to stay away from South Coast02/01/2020 12:32 PM
The NSW Rural Fire Service is urging anyone with plans to head down to the South Coast this weekend to stay home.
Tourists between Batemans Bay and the Victorian Border (as shown on the map) are also being asked to leave the area before Saturday ahead of dangerous fire conditions.
Conditions are expected to be the same or worse than NYE with widespread extreme fire danger forecast for the South Coast. Please find information from the NSW RFS below:
Tourist Leave Zone - South Coast Bush Fires
Dangerous conditions for holiday makers on the South Coast of NSW this Saturday 4 January 2020
- Widespread Extreme Fire Danger is forecast for the South Coast this Saturday 4 January 2020
- These will be dangerous conditions, the same or worse than New Year's Eve
- If you are holidaying on the South Coast, particularly in the general area from Batemans Bay to the Victorian border as shown on the map, you need to leave before this Saturday
- If you are planning to visit the South Coast this weekend, it is not safe. Do not be in this area on Saturday.
- For more information go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au