Inspire Other Animal Lovers to Get Ready for Emergencies.16/09/2020 12:11 PM
Animal owners in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley – from Wallacia to Penrith, Windsor to Wiseman’s Ferry, are being asked to participate in creating short videos to encourage, inspire and motivate people to prepare for emergencies.
If you are an animal lover and owner and would enjoy telling a story to camera, we would like to hear from you!
Be part of a project that cares for the wellbeing of people and animals in emergencies.
Emergencies such as bushfires and floods can occur quickly and can be a stressful time for people to make decisions. So taking steps to be prepared before an emergency occurs can better ensure the safety of people and animals.
The Hawkesbury-Nepean Animal Ready Community Working Group* will produce a suite of short videos in 2020 as part of an education project. The videos will aim to encourage, inspire and motivate the general community to prepare for themselves and their animals before an emergency occurs.
We are looking for a range of people from the community: young & old, from any cultural background, people with disabilities etc; to appear in a suite of videos.
Do you love animals?
- Own one or more companion animals AND/OR own one or more horses or larger animals?
- Feel comfortable to tell your story to camera?
- Have experience in an emergency with your animal or know of someone who has (preferable but not essential) OR are passionate about animals and their safety ?
- We would love to hear from you. All ages over 18 are welcome.
- To register interest, complete and submit the attached form.
- Suitable applicants will be shortlisted and asked to undergo a brief interview to select successful on-camera roles.
- Participation is voluntary with no renumeration available.
- These videos will be distributed via various social media channels and webpages. They will also be available to anyone wanting to educate the community about emergency preparedness.
- All information provided will be kept confidential and not used for any other purpose or distributed to third parties.
If you are interested, apply by downloading the form below, fill out and email form (see form for more details) before Wednesday 30 September 2020.
Get involved. Share your story. Show how passionate you are about the safety of your animals.
*The Hawkesbury-Nepean Animal Ready Community Working Group consist of representatives from NSW State Emergency Service, Infrastructure NSW, Hawkesbury City Council, NSW Department of Primary Industries, Local Land Services, Agnes Banks Equine Vet Clinic and Macquarie University.