Severe Hailstorm Disaster Welfare Assistance21/12/2018 03:10 PM
The NSW SES continues to respond to severe hailstorms that affected Sydney and many areas across NSW. NSW SES has received approximately 1200 requests for assistance today.
Office of Emergency Management have set up Disaster Assistance Points for people impacted by the hailstorm to access assistance locally.
- Chipping Norton Community Centre, Central Ave and Ascot Dr, Chipping Norton
- Berowra Community and Cultural Facility, Gully Road, Berowra
- Friday 21st December 2pm – 8pm
- Saturday 22nd December 9am - 4pm
- Assistance with temporary accommodation and immediate needs
- Insurance Council and Insurance Companies for insurance related advice (from Saturday 22nd)
- NSW SES
- Information and wellbeing support
Disaster Welfare Assistance Line
If you are unable to visit the Disaster Assistance Point and required further assistance with temporary accommodation or immediate needs, call 1800 018 444 during office hours.
More information on the National Disaster Assistance Scheme can be found here.
Although the immediate threat of Storm Damage may have passed, we recommend that residents inspect their property and surroundings to ensure it is safe to be there.
To view all current warnings and latest river heights visit www.bom.gov.au