NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) encourage contributions on our social media channels. Members expect a place that is respectful, reliable, relevant and safe.
We may edit or delete posts or comments that moderators consider to be:
- Abusive, offensive, misleading or unlawful - harassment or provoking other community members, swearing, derogatory language, deliberate misinformation and expression of views that are racist, sexist, homophobic or sexually explicit are not acceptable. Defamatory comments or posts that violate laws regarding privacy will be removed.
- Political in nature - these are forums to discuss policies and initiatives, not political parties and personalities.
- An infringement of intellectual property rights - respect and acknowledge original creators when sharing content.
- Spam - we do not accept advertisements, requests to endorse commercial products or services or to solicit donations.
- Personal details - these channels are public spaces and we will remove any comments including your private information or personal details such as email address or phone number. If we ask for any contact details, please provide this via direct message.
- A violation of the social media platform's terms and conditions.
- Impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member.
- Seeking to directly solicit donations.
- Seeking to endorse commercial products or services.
If you breach these guidelines, we may block your account or posts.
Current as at: 1 January 2022
The NSW SES values the role of its communities in guiding content standards and etiquette among members. If you have concerns about inappropriate content on an NSW SES Online Service you can alert the moderator of that space.
When accessing or participating in an NSW SES - managed space on a third party platform, such as channels, pages or feeds hosted on an external site, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified by that third party platform.
The NSW SES recommends you make sure you understand the privacy settings for each platform with which you engage and choose appropriate options to protect your personal details and content shared.
Facebook Community Standards
Instagram Community Guidelines
The Twitter Rules
Follow us on:
Learn more about NSW SES About Us
Click here if you are unsure when to call the NSW SES