23 February 2013, 12:28PM AET
Evacuation Order for Settlement Point, North Shore areas, Hibbard Drive, Fernbank/Oaks Creek and low lying parts of Port Macquarie CBD
Residents of the flowing areas should listen carefully to this Evacuation Order;
- Settlement Point and North Shore areas
- Fernbank/Oaks Creek
- Low Lying parts Port Macquarie CBD (including Short Street and the western section Clarence Street)
- Low lying parts of Westport
The Bureau of Meteorology has predicted the Hastings River will Peak at 1.9 metres at the Settlement Point gauge at 10pm tonight with further rises possible.
As a result:
The NSW State Emergency Service instructs residents and businesses within these areas to evacuate immediately. When you evacuate you may go to the house of a friend or relative. Alternatively you can go to an evacuation centre, where accommodation and other assistance may be arranged for you. Evacuation Centre will be established at:
- Port Panthers – Corner of Bay Street and Park Street Port Macquarie.
If you don’t have a car, buses may operate where possible on normal routes. Special transport can also be provided on request if necessary, telephone 132500. The NSW SES recommends the following further actions:
- Turn off the electricity and gas.
- Take three days’ supply of clothes with you.
- Never drive, ride or walk through floodwater.
- Continue to listen to a local radio station for updates.
Further Information for residents:
- For emergency help in floods and storms, call the SES on 132 500. In a life-threatening emergency call 000 (triple zero)
- Rural Animal & Livestock Assistance call 1800 814 64
- Road information, Contact your Local Council or the RMS 132 701 and you can log onto http://midnorthcoast.myroadinfo.com.au/ for local road information and www.livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au for State Road
- You can find more information on the Hastings River condition from the Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au