Clarence Nambucca NSW SES Region Headquarters
Authorised By: Keith Fitzgerald, Incident Controller
As a result of the flood level predicted by the Bureau of Meteorology for Maclean at Tuesday 29 January 2013 the NSW State Emergency Service is directing residents within the nominated areas to evacuate now.
Areas covered by this Flood Evacuation Order include the following streets:
Argyle, Bakers, Bank, Basin, Cameron, Centenary, Central, Church, Clyde, Diamond, Dunoon, Dwartes, Emerald, Houghs, Howard, Iona, John, Jubilee, McLachlan, McNaughton, Morven, Rannoch, River, Rush, Sapphire, Stanley, Taloumbi, and Union streets.
Do not delay your evacuation. Roads will be congested or closed. You could become trapped and need rescue. Remaining in flooded areas is dangerous and may place your life at risk.
Wherever possible, people should go and stay with family or friends, or make other accommodation arrangements . If you have your own transport, an assembly area will be established at Maclean Showground, Cameron Street where you can obtain information regarding temporary accommodation and other help. If you need transport support you need to contact the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500.
As you evacuate you should:
- Take your important documents, mementos and photos
- Take your spare clothing, medicines and personal hygiene supplies
- If you are going to the evacuation centre, take blankets/sleeping bags, pillows and sleeping mats
- If possible, check to see if your neighbours need help
- Turn off the electricity and gas
- Do not walk ride or drive through floodwater
- Continue to listen to a local radio station for updates.
For emergency assistance telephone the NSW SES on 132500
NSW SES web site: www.ses.nsw.gov.au